How to Apply
Our Transfer Central team is dedicated to making your transfer and transition to the U of A as smooth as possible, and is here to assist you in accomplishing your academic goals. We understand that when your path towards graduation includes two or more colleges the journey can be complicated, and you may have many questions. In addition to reviewing this page, you can download our Transfer Guide (updated February 2022).
When to Apply
Students interested in applying to the University of Arkansas should begin the application process a semester before they anticipate starting here.
Students applying for Summer/Fall are urged to apply in the early Spring semester around January. Regular Fall applications will be accepted until August 1.
Students applying for Spring are urged to apply in the early Fall semester around August. Final deadline for Spring semester applications is December 15.
When you are ready to apply to the University of Arkansas, your first step is to set up a New Student Center account. The New Student Center is a central location where you can get important news about your application, register for orientation, and view any missing requirements we might need to finish reviewing your application.
To set up your New Student Center account:
- Go to our Application Center.
- Select "Create an account" (under the "First-time users" heading).
- Enter the requested information. For the email address, be sure to use a personal email address that you will have access to at all times, even after leaving your current institution.
- Check the email account you entered for a message from the Office of Admissions with the subject line "University of Arkansas Online Registration," and follow the steps listed there. Take note of the PIN included in this message – it is your temporary password to activate your account. See a screenshot of a sample message.
- Follow the "Activate Account" link in this message to activate your account and establish a password.
Once you have established a New Student Center account, you are ready to complete an application for admission. Be sure to keep a close eye on your email and regularly log in to your New Student Center account to check for updates regarding your application.
Using your New Student Center, you can:
- Check the status of your application
- View updates about your admission decision
- Register for New Student Orientation
- Keep track of important next steps
- Find links to University Housing and more.
If You Need Help:
If you have any trouble setting up your New Student Center Account, let us know. Email email@example.com or call 479-575-5346. We are happy to help!
Common Troubleshooting Tips
- If you don't receive an account set up email with the subject line "University of
Arkansas Online Registration," be sure to check your spam folder. We also recommend
adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts list to avoid important emails being delivered to the wrong
If the email isn't in your spam folder, navigate to admissions.uark.edu/status and use the "Forgot Password" feature to receive a new email.
- If you lose your PIN, navigate to navigate to admissions.uark.edu/status and use the "Forgot Password" feature to receive a new PIN.
Required Application Materials
- Application fee
- Official transcripts
We recommend submitting your application before submitting additional materials. Students may apply with college work in progress, but admission cannot be offered with more than one semester in progress. Read our transfer credit policy for information on transferable course credit.
New Transfer (24+ transferable college hours)
Applicants with a 2.0 cumulative GPA on all college coursework will be automatically admitted. Students who do not meet this requirement may apply and be reviewed by the Admissions and Appellate Board.
Transfer Freshmen (fewer than 24 transferable college hours)
- 2.0 cumulative college GPA
- 3.0 high school GPA
- Minimum score of 20 on ACT (or equivalent SAT score - see our Concordance Table)
Students who do not meet these requirements may apply and be reviewed by the Admissions and Appellate Board.
We admit students on a rolling basis throughout the year. Early on in the application process, we recommend that you check with the department to which you are applying to check on any special application deadlines you must meet. We recommend that you apply at least three weeks ahead of these deadlines to ensure we receive your documents so that we may evaluate your file and post your admissions decision.
Please note that our estimated application processing time changes depending upon what time of year it is and how many applications we are currently receiving in the office. You will receive an email from us in the days following your application submission that will give you an estimate of your application processing time. All application processing times are based on when your file is complete (application, fee, and all transcripts and test scores).
Students who do not meet our regular admissions requirements are encouraged to apply and will be reviewed for possible admission by the University of Arkansas’ Admissions and Appellate Board. You will receive mailed notification informing you of this committee review, and there is no further action you will need to take to facilitate the process.
If you have questions about the transfer process, we are here to help. You can contact the Transfer Central team at email@example.com or (479) 575-5346.